Thursday 23 February 2012

It's Almost Party Time!


My little tiny princess Eila turns the big T H R E E this weekend – Can you believe it?  When we asked her what kind of birthday party she wanted, she thought about it for a few minutes and declared that she wanted a Max and Ruby Bunny Party.

For those of you who don’t know about the Max and Ruby show, let me tell you a little bit about it.  They are two little cartoon bunnies, who seemingly have no parents.  Ruby is super bossy and tells Max what to do all the time, and they have a Grandma who checks in every now and again.  It’s strange, but both of my girls love it.

Since we are having the party in our complex amenities room, I made some pretty tissue paper pompoms for decorations.  I also got my craft on and put together a super cute happy birthday banner!  I used the Mickey Mouse font cartridge and cut out the letters to spell out Happy Birthday Eila.  I also used the Cricut to cut out the regular circles, and the scalloped edge circles.

In keeping with the bunny theme, I made little carrot shaped treat bags. I just filled a cone shaped treat bag with goldfish, tied it off with cute green ribbon, and ta-da!

I also used my Cricut to cut out some hot pink scalloped edge circles in a smaller size and printed out little pictures of Max and Ruby (found randomly on the internet). I glued these onto some old cupcake picks I had from a previous event and they work perfectly for the birthday cupcakes!
Tonight’s project includes baking carrot cupcakes and a carrot cake and decorating them for the party on Saturday.  I will be using Just Something Pretty’s Carrot Cake recipe and a white chocolate cream cheese icing.  You’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see these... it’s going to be a LONG night tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...