Friday 3 February 2012

Let's Get It Started!

Alright, I finally did it!  I started a blog.  Now... What to write about.  And will anyone read it? Will it be any good?  What should my first post be about?  How often should I post?  So many questions, I'll guess we'll have to see how it all turns out.

I was inspired to start a blog by a couple of friends of mine.  Through the wonders of the internet, I have been able to learn so many things - how to bake a million types of cupcakes, how to organize my house, my clothes, my kids, my life, how to cook a month's worth of meals in a single day (or two).  And with each new endeavour people would ask me how I did it, what recipe I used and what tools I used to figure things out.  Enter this lovely blog.

Now I can share my favorite recipes, my tips and tricks for faking a clean house, and links to other awesome web resources that I use to help me with all of these things.

The biggest change I've been attempting to make in our family/house is organization!  It's so hard - I think I'm a closet hoarder.  Seriously, at one point I had three kettles.  Who needs three kettles?  There are some things I still hoard (craft supplies, baking pans and ingredients) but I'm trying to me much better. 

Through the last six months or so I followed orgjunkie.com and her 52 weeks to home organization (http://orgjunkie.com/52-weeks).  What a great challenge!  I managed to do about 2 challenges per week to bring my home into a form of organized chaos.  Now she's doing a 29 Day Organizational Challenge.  And in order to be eligible to win a prize (and who doesn't want to win a prize??) you have to have a blog and link up your progress.  So, long story short, here we are, blog started - organization not started yet.  I'll write about that "progress" next time. 

So - the plan is to take the craziness that is the storage/closet/scrapbook room in our upstairs guest/computer/toy/exercise room and make it a more usable, cohesive, organized space.  In a month.  And it's crazy in there.  I'm kind of scared.  Oh well, a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step, right?  One foot in front of the other, right?  Here.  We.  Go. 

2 comments:

  1. You'll probably win..as I recall, you win EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait to read all your organizing adventures! And baking. And cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...