Thursday 8 March 2012

Chicken Macaroni Bake (Freezer Meal)


This past weekend I tried out a yummy new recipe for a baked chicken freezer meal.  We had it for dinner last night - and guess what?!  BOTH kids ate it!  It was really easy to make and even though I had hoped for leftovers, as usual when the recipe is as awesome as this, the hubs ate the entire rest of the meal!

I found the recipe on Once A Month Mom and made a few tweaks to make it a little healthier (because one of the other recipes I made on the weekend is decidedly UN-healthy ~ but delicious!!). 

Served with my favorite salad and Pillsbury homestyle biscuits, it was a great family dinner.  Whenever I try out a new recipe that I'm not sure the kids (well, Aidyn) will actually eat, I try to make garlic bread, or serve buns so that I have something that they for sure will eat!

Chicken and Macaroni Bake
Adapted from Once A Month Mom
(makes 6 dinners)

1 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
2 cans 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
2 cans 98% fat free cream of celery soup
6 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
32 ounces pasta (any variety), cooked
3/4 cup buttered bread crumbs

Directions:
Brown onion in butter.  Stir in soup, milk, chicken and 1 1/2 cups cheese; heat until cheese melts.  Blend sauce with cooked noodles; pour into baking dishes.  Mix the remaining cheese and bread crumbs and place on top.  Place foil on baking dish and freeze. 

To serve: Remove foil.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (if thawed) or 1 hour (if frozen) or until heated through. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...