Sunday 4 March 2012

Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies


Today the girls asked if we could make some candy cookies together.  After a week of flu and cough ridden children, how could I resist a sweet little treat for my little chickens?

I found a recipe from an old Betty Crocker cookbook in my recipe binder for Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Since the girls asked for candy cookies, I replaced the chocolate chips in the recipe with leftover Valentine's day Smarties!

Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 bag chocolate chips (or Smarties :) - approx 3 cups

Preheat oven to 350.  In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed.  Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips/Smarties.

On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoons or use a cookie scoop (seriously, how did I bake for so many years without a cookie scoop??).  Leave approx 2" between the cookies, they will spread out while baking. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown (centres will be soft).  Cool 1 to 2 minutes, remove to cooling rack. 

This recipe makes a LOT of cookies.  I used a small cookie scoop and it made almost 100 cookies!  Now I need to share them so the girls and I don't eat them all!!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...