Friday 8 June 2012

End of the Year Teacher Thank You Presents

My girls both have awesome teachers. Miss A's teacher has a class full of crazy five-year-olds and in the past year, she has taught my daughter how to read, how to add and subtract and how to become a great student and friend. 
Miss E's teachers have helped bring her out of her little girl shell, helped her to make friends and taught her all about the wonders of play-doh! We also made up one of these lovelies for Miss A's Irish Dancing teacher.

Source
Thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest and a number of inspiration blogs that I follow, it was easy to find great end of the year gift ideas for the girls' teachers. The gift we decided on was inspired by Tatertots and Jello (great blog by the way, creative, awesome ideas every day!).
I wanted to find something functional that they would be able to use. Since summer is coming (at some point...the weather certainly doesn't seem that way), what could be better than iced tea and candy!?
I picked up some brightly colored insulated drink cups with straws, some Lipton Tea Infusion packs and some Reese Peanut Butter Cups.
Next up, I gathered my supplies: Cricut cupcake wrappers cartridge, some brightly colored cardstock, glue and these adorable labels. I used the same wording as the Tatertots and Jello inspiration idea, but updated the tags with the girls' names and a little thanks for being a great teacher!
I filled the bottom of the cups with Reese Peanut Butter cups, then put the straw in the middle to stand up between. I used three packs of infusion tea for each cup and then tied a ribbon around the straw to keep the ribbon from sliding off and the gift tag getting detached.
I attached the printed label to a circle of cardstock cut out with the cricut, punched a hole and tied the ribbon to the tag. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
I played with the "Thanks" cupcake topper cartridge and cut out a few different sizes and put together some thank you cards for the teachers.
I absolutely LOVE the way these turned out! I hope the teachers love them too!!



I will be linking up to Delightful Order, A Bowl Full of Lemons, and Serenity Now. Check them out!
If you like this post, I would love you to Pin It! \

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...