Friday 11 January 2013

2013 Resolutions and Goals

Welcome 2013!! Although 2012 was a wonderful year filled with fun, family and adventure, I am looking forward to the new adventures we will take this year.
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? Last year was the first year that I made some resolutions and actually stuck to them. I resolved to learn to run. And I did. I ran. After nine months of training, the hubs and I ran our very first half marathon!! Funny that it took nine months to train, because that race was just about as painful as a pregnancy and childbirth!
I can happily say that this year I do not need to resolve to exercise more. I am committed to my twice weekly spin classes and three times weekly boot camps, and I love them! This year my resolutions are going to be tough, for me anyway.

Hopefully by putting my resolutions up here I’ll work a little harder knowing that the blogiverse is watching! So far we are almost two weeks into 2013 and I have been doing fairly well with my resolutions.
1. Take a multivitamin. Every day. When I made this resolution, I promptly went to the medicine cabinet and grabbed out the women’s multi-vitamins. Then I checked the expiry date. January 2011. I guess I should have figured since they were prenatal vitamins and my youngest child is almost FOUR! Since then I picked up a new package of vitamins, and now religiously take a multi-vitamin, plus vitamins D, C, and a B Complex.

2. Stop swearing. I’m not gonna lie, I have a potty mouth. It’s bad. There are some really bad words that I say a LOT. I am on day eleven of trying my super-duper very best to stop with the bad language. I’ve taken to given my hand a smack when I slip and let a bad word out. It’s working a little, but I still have a long way to go.... perhaps this resolution will take as long to accomplish as the learning to run took in 2012.

3. Learn to say no. This is probably going to be harder to conquer than the bad language! I am famous for over committing myself and my family to four, five even six parties or events on one weekend. I do it all the time!


OK, now that the resolutions are out there for the world to read, it’s time to establish some goals for 2013!
Photo taken by the amazing Alana Joy Photography
1. I am going to try to consciously spend more quality time with my family. I am extremely lucky to work part time and would love to continue to do so, but I need to spend the extra time that I have with the girls playing games and lying on the floor with Lalaloopsy dolls and Hello Kitty. I am too quick to pack the girls up and cart them along with me to do whatever I want or need to do instead of intentionally spending time playing. So there, I need to PLAY more.

2. I need to make more time for my amazing husband. Without (much) complaining, he gets our little household up and running in the mornings while I’m at the gym. He brings the girls to school every day and oh yeah – he does ALL the laundry. He’s great, and I need to find a way to spend time with him. My husband works an afternoon shift, and we only see each other from 7:30-8am in the mornings and from 10:30 until whenever I fall asleep at night. I need to actually schedule dates for just the two of us. We never go out just the two of us, so I’m hoping that 2013 can be the year of the date!

3. I’m going to keep on keeping on with my exercise, but try to make better eating choices. Hopefully I’ll be able to add more vegetables to the meals I make for the family (if only I could bribe Miss A to eat some of those vegetables!!).

OK, I’ve been rambling on long enough now. Thanks for reading this insanely long post!! I hope that if you made resolutions that you are successful!! 
 
All the best in 2013,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...