Thursday 14 March 2013

Wee Pots of Gold!


Good afternoon everyone! Hope you are having a super fantastic day! I had so much fun last night crafting up a storm, and today I’m going to share some of the fun with you!

March is a fun month for us! We have a two-week spring break from school, made even longer by Easter long weekend at the end of the month. We also have the most fun holiday of the year – St Patrick’s Day!! Miss A is an Irish dancer, and although she’s not quite at that stage yet, the day will come when she’ll spend the entire week leading up to St Patrick’s Day dancing at local pubs and community events. It’s how I spent my Paddy’s days when I was a younger, and I know she’ll love it!

Miss A came home from school yesterday saying she had to be careful not to get caught in a leprechaun trap! I thought it would be fun to make some little treats for my little leprechauns to open on Sunday morning. Nothing fancy or expensive, just something fun! All in, I put together 8 wee pots of gold for a total cost of sixteen bucks!

8 Mini terra cotta pots 2/$1 = $4

1 each of gold paint and gold glitter paint $2

1 package of Easter basket filling $1

6 packages of gold coins = $6

2 packages chocolate candies $2

Shamrock stickers $1

Total = $16!! Or only $2 per pot of gold!!
I started out painting the outside of the terra cotta pots with the gold paint. I put on two coats (it dried super quick!!) and then applied a layer of the glitter paint. I really could have skipped this step, as I didn’t notice enough of a glitteriness (I know it’s not a word… but it’s what I was going for…) to make a difference. I added stickers to a couple of the pots and left the rest plain gold. The stickers didn’t stick perfectly but they did like cute!

The next step was to fill the pots with gold! I put a piece of paper towel in the bottom, but I guess I could have just used more of the basket filler stuff. I was worried about the gold coins falling to the bottom of the pot and not being seen at the top. I filled the pots with chocolate gold coins and gold foil-wrapped candies.

I’m sure the girls will love their little leprechaun treats! I hope you like them too!

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet today! I really appreciate it! I’ll be linking my project up to Joyful Homemaking, and A Bowl Full of Lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...